OLEAN — An Olean man is facing multiple charges after allegedly assaulting an Attica police officer who came to his assistance.
David F. Woods Jr., 46, of Olean, reportedly drove his vehicle into a ditch on Dunbar Road in the town of Attica on Thursday. Attica police officers were first on scene, ready to assist the Attica firefighters who attempted to aid Woods, who refused medical treatment.
While waiting for Wyoming County Sheriff’s deputies to arrive, Woods is accused of punching the officer in the face. The officer deployed a Taser on Woods, leading to a struggle between the two. Attica firefighters assisted the police officer in taking Woods into custody.
Upon arriving, sheriff deputies placed Woods under arrest. While walking him to the Sheriff’s patrol vehicle and attempting to place him into the back seat of the cruiser, Woods kicked the police officer’s knee, causing physical injury.
Woods is charged with second-degree assault, a class D felony; third-degree attempted assault, a class B misdemeanor; second-degree obstructing governmental administration and resisting arrest, class A misdemeanors; driving while intoxicated, an unclassified misdemeanor; unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation; and refusal of breath test, speed not reasonable and prudent, moved from lane unsafely and failure to keep right, all infractions.
Woods was transported to the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Office for processing and arraigned in Attica Town Court, where bail was set at $25,000.
• Sunday, 1:26 p.m., Frank P. Odell, 34, of 716 Washington St., Olean, was charged with criminal obstruction of breathing, a class A misdemeanor and second-degree harassment, a violation.
• Sunday, 10:55 a.m., Zachary M. Fisher, 23, of 207 S. 13th St., Olean, was charged on an arrest warrant issued in Kane, Pa.
New York State Police
• BURNS — Ashley M. New, 32, of Arkport, was charged at 2:30 p.m. Friday with second-degree harassment.
• ANGELICA — Rakeem L. Wells, 23, of Buffalo, was charged at 6:03 p.m. Friday with unlawful possession of marijuana.
• ANGELICA — Rochelle E. Mills, 20, of the Bronx, was charged at 6:03 p.m. Friday with fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, a class B misdemeanor, and unlawful possession of marijuana.
• ANGELICA — Jabar R. Williams, 25, of Brooklyn, was charged at 6:03 p.m. Friday with driving while intoxicated and operating a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs, both unclassified misdemeanors; equipment violation, driving on the shoulder, moving from lane unsafely, using a portable electronic device while driving and drinking alcohol in a motor vehicle on the highway.
• FREEDOM — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 8:09 p.m. Friday on Galen Hill Road near Route 98. Jon L. Rose, 63, of Franklinville, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
• GROVE — A three-vehicle accident was reported at 8:20 p.m. Friday on Highway 70 near Kennedy Road. Brittany Lynn Wray, 21, of Nunda; Scott D. Washburn, 31, of Batavia; and James M. Champagne, 31, of Swain, were identified as the drivers. Five injuries were reported.
• OLEAN — Tobias Price, 40, of Buffalo, was charged at 8:40 p.m. Friday with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. Price was issued a ticket to appear in court at a later date.
• ALLEGANY — Amanda A. Weed, 30, of Allegany, was charged at 6 p.m. Friday with second-degree harassment, a violation.
• ANGELICA — Ruben Vargas, 37, of Jamestown, was charged at 8:57 a.m. Saturday with driving while intoxicated and operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 percent, both class E felonies; and failure to keep right and moved from lane unsafely. Vargas is being held on $300 bail.
• HINSDALE — A two-vehicle accident was reported at 3:27 p.m. Saturday on Route 16 and Fay Hollow Road. Charles A. Greenawalt, 75, of Hinsdale, and Khristina A. Pixley, 37, of Cuba, were listed as the drivers. Two injuries were reported.
• HUME — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 3:41 p.m. Saturday on Route 19 and Claybed Road. An unidentified 18-year-old Farmington female was reported as the driver. No injuries were reported.
• WELLSVILLE — Kirsten N. White, 19, of Scio, was charged at 5:30 p.m. Saturday with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
• YORKSHIRE — James M. Nelson, 62, of Freedom, was charged at 9:40 p.m. Saturday with driving while intoxicated with prior charge within 10 years, a class E felony. Nelson is being held on an undisclosed amount of bail.